Sunday, January 05, 2014

florida


wetland along trail
lake alice
anhinga
big snapping turtle looking for handouts
pied-billed grebe
american egret
spanish moss
morning thunderstorm

Last weekend I was able to fly down to Florida to celebrate 
a belated Christmas with my family.

The sky was grey but the temperature mild.
Saturday morning Farmer's Market (imagine fresh produce!)
and a hike through the woods with my brothers and nephew.

Although we didn't see a gator there was a splash 
and then a bubble trail in the marsh that suggested one was close.
Many birds including Ibis, Sandhill Cranes and Snowy Egrets
as well as the species shown above.

It was good to get away and be around all those I love.
I must admit to sleeping most of this weekend away…
but an adventure awaits on Friday!

xo, j


1 comment:

  1. spending time with love ones once in a while is good to my soul, i
    thought so too this time. i am glad to know you are well.
    last night, on the news, i heard about the snow storm in your area,
    hope you are ok?

    ReplyDelete