Last night I put 5lb. of daffodils and a handful
of red onion skins in the dye pot and simmered it for an hour.
Left to steep overnight and through the day,
I then strained out the organic material and poured
the dye back into the pot.
A quick pre-soak of the mordanted wool and into the pot to simmer for an hour.
Just before the timer rang I put a teaspoon of Soda Ash into the mix.
A yellow froth hissed up and bubbled for a bit then I put the pot aside to cool.
For now its a nice burnt orange color, we'll see how it rinses out and dries.
While the pot simmered I folded some seed starter pot from newspaper.
I found an easy to follow tutorial here.
I used a half page from the NY Times Book Review to get small containers.
Tomorrow morning I'll plant some tomato seeds before work.