Thursday, June 06, 2013

mornings with agnes


The adventurous state of mind is a high house.
To enjoy life the adventurous state of mind must be grasped and maintained.
The essential feature of adventure is that it is a going forward into unknown territory.
The joy of adventure is unaccountable.
This is the attractiveness of art work.  It is adventurous, strenuous and joyful                                                                                                           -Agnes Martin




My job has kept me so busy lately I've not had much time, 
or anything interesting for that matter, to post!
This quote hangs in my bathroom so I read it every morning,
but I think it's time to move things around...

2 comments:

  1. both the image + words
    softly sinking in - beautiful,
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her work and words.
    She inspires in so many ways - and she is right about adventure.

    ReplyDelete