Monday, October 22, 2012

Poetry from Russia





Early this morning there was a loud knock on my door.
The mailman was delivering a package sent to me by the very talented Olga.
We participated in a color swap set up by the lovely V.

I carried the package with me as I ran a few errands 
before finally settling on the roots of the oak outside my apartment to open it.

What small and beautiful treasures were inside!
Fine little notes written in the most delicate hand were attached to each item.

The smallest leaf, the pinkest little cup and the treasured moss in a vial...
not to mention the candies, fabric, ribbon, paper and matchbox!
Thank you so much Olga, you spoiled me!

Today is my 25th anniversary at my job.
I chose to take the day off as I have been unhappy there lately.
The timing couldn't have been better.
You made me feel very special today, dear friend.

4 comments:

  1. first, happy 25th to you j. sending big admiration for spending so many yrs in
    a work field.
    lovely package! enjoy the special day off. i am glad you took the day off, i do that often too and find that is the best thing to treat self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks coco
    it's amazing how quickly time passes
    xo, j

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow what a lovely package from olga!! i am so happy that it arrived on this special day dear friend of mine : )

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete