Monday, January 28, 2013

Wintery Mix



This morning I woke up to a light covering of snow on the ground.
By afternoon it had turned to rain as the temperature rose.

Last week I tried my hand at some drop spindle spinning.
It's been a long time but I was able to come up with a small,
albeit slubby, ball of alpaca.

The strawberry snowflake sweater is coming along 
quickly as it is worked on #8 US needles.
All those wrist warmers were done on #2US, these now feel enormous.
Such a beautiful color!

2 comments:

  1. hello you!
    loving the bulbs
    the beautiful image of the grape
    and this firts one
    white on white
    love it!!

    I had to think of you
    because I started to knit
    a 'quilt' from my mother's wool
    my project for this year
    ;^))

    fine day!!
    love
    Patrice A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it must be good to cup one's hands
    around that ball :)

    ReplyDelete