Sunday, August 18, 2013

toulouse-lautrec





Today I visited my local art museum to see a show of 
Toulouse-Lautrec lithographs and drawings.

The secret to seeing a popular show is to arrive when the doors open.

Only a handful of people wandered the galleries leaving enough space 
for me to stand back and study the artwork properly.
By the time I left the rooms were quite crowded.

Displayed on one wall were a handful of small drawings, 
this rendering of a jockey on a horse was my favorite.

Because photos were not permitted, I went into the gift shop and 
found this reproduction in the show catalog.

I could feel the steely stares of the front desk attendant and 
the store clerk as I snapped this photo from the book!

To show good faith, I purchased a couple of postcards.


No comments:

Post a Comment