Thursday, October 24, 2013

first frost




ice on the windshield


All week I've been waking up early to go into work.
This morning I was greeted by the first frost of the year.
It took some digging through my car trunk to find the scraper!

Nestled in the oak and dogwood leaves is my latest knitting project 
along with some pumpkin seeds I roasted last night.

The fingerless gloves are knit with a qiviut/merino blend.
(My treat from last year's trip to Rhinebeck)
They're very light and yet cozy warm, perfect for the cold weather,
and I love the mushroomy color.

The seeds were roasted with olive oil, salt, cayenne pepper and a pinch of sugar.
A spicy sweet snack, they taste almost like popcorn.

Thanks to all who left such nice comments on my Rhinebeck posts.
It's lovely to be able to share it with all of you.

xo, j




3 comments:

  1. your life is getting cozier each time. although, there
    might be frost, the warmness remains in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE that first image
    those colors and textures
    so beautiful together

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i too love the first image
    and your recipe, i'll give it a try - thank you!

    ReplyDelete