Tuesday, July 02, 2013

garden gnome









A friend of mine is on vacation and asked if I would watch her garden.
Earthworms, pincher bugs, ants and all!

Tonight I stopped over after work to do some weeding.
How eagerly we jump into tasks that are unfamiliar!

Pulling weeds is much like knitting to me,
a repetitive action that slows me down, smoothing away the day.

A regular garden gnome, I am!
Perhaps I should felt myself a little red cap.
*smile*

The beautiful kale was my reward for topping off the wheel barrow.
Guess what's for dinner tonight!

3 comments:

  1. it is nice to see you up in the garden.
    i can imagine you hopping around there
    ^^. with that kale, did you make
    kale lazagna?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually did not see any garden gnomes here. if you are looking for some garden statues here are recommended choice.

    http://www.gardenandponddepot.com/25-garden-gnomes

    ReplyDelete