Sunday, July 28, 2013

luray caverns, va

dream lake

fried eggs

although a bit blurry, this reminds me of a classic tourist photo!


On the drive back form NC my brother and I detoured to Luray Caverns.
I'm known for my call of "brown sign!" when I travel.
(Brown signs are used to denote places of historic interest or natural beauty)
The tour takes about an hour and the path is a mile and a quarter long.

The Dream Lake is only 20" deep but the still, clear water renders 
it almost invisible as it reflects the stalactites hanging from above.

I took some shots with people in them to give a sense of scale.
It's an amazing place and although I took many photos
looking back I wish I had taken more!
It's hard to believe that it's all real.

I'm packed for tomorrow's trip.
Just need to hem some pants (I'm impossibly short!)
and paint my toenails!

Have a great week.
xo, j


1 comment: